Exciting news! My blog has been nominated for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award! Thank you so much to Helen Elizabeth at Good Woman for selecting my blog among those considered to be worthy of the Sisterhood!
The rules of this award are as follows: Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their site, put the award logo on your blog, answer the ten questions sent to you, make a list of ten questions for your nominees and nominate seven blogs.
1. If you had no restrictions, what one thing would you choose to focus your time and attention on? Why?
Travel, travel, travel! That’s assuming the money was also unrestricted, of course! I just love seeing other cultures and art and people.
2. What is the hardest thing you have ever had to do?
Watch loved ones die.
3. What is one thing you have done to make a difference for someone?
About twice a month I visit women in jail to carry a message of hope.
4. What one talent or personal trait are you most proud of?
My brains, though it makes me uncomfortable to say so.
5. Why do you blog?
To deepen my own faith and to help others do the same.
6. What one thing do you know that you wish the whole world would understand or accept?
That “Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate:only love can do that.” Martin Luther King, Jr.
7. What one thing have you never done but would love to do some day?
Take a hot air balloon ride!
8. Who do you like the most and why?
Jesus, of course!
9. What one possession would you most hate to lose? (This is a material thing, not a person or a relationship, because we cannot truly possess them.)
Hmm, a tossup between my lipstick and my iPhone!
10. What motivates you to get out of bed in the morning?
The joy of life!
These are the seven blogs that I nominate for the Sisterhood!
To Those I Have Nominated: Accept the challenge if you would like and spread the word to the blogging community. Here are the questions, but feel free to choose from any of the questions I answered above, or make up your own!
1. When was a time in your life when you really took a chance?
2. What are your goals for your blog this year?
3. If you could go back in time, which era and place would you prefer, and why?
4. Where do you most want to travel that you haven’t yet visited and why?
5. If money was no object, what work would you want to do?
6. What is your favorite childhood memory?
7. Which superpower would you most like to have?
8. What was the last book you read?
9. What is your favorite quote (just one!)?
10. What is your favorite charity or cause, and why?