Infinite Windows is a blog about connecting art and faith, so tell us what visual arts masterpiece speaks to you in a spiritual way and why. Does Rothko make you ruminate on God? Does the Pantheon cause you to ponder the heavens? Does Michelangelo leave you musing over biblical stories? Or maybe Tibetan mandalas lead you to thoughts of mortality? Whichever masterpiece gives you a window into the infinite, share it with us!
This challenge will recur monthly and submissions need to be in by the last Friday of the month. At the end of the month I’ll post a list of participating bloggers and highlight one or two posts that are especially well written and compelling. Here are the guidelines:
- For my fellow bloggers, post the artwork and your response to it on your blog with the tag #MonthlyMasterpieceChallenge and a link/pingback to my blog.
- For non-bloggers, feel free to write your post in the Comments section of this page and be sure to include a link to the artwork you’ve chosen.
- Your masterpiece can be any form of visual art – painting, sculpture, architecture, photography, etc. – from any region or time period. The only criteria is that it has some sort of spiritual resonance for you!
- Any form of spirituality or religion is acceptable.
- Let’s keep it under 500 words, if possible.
- You can include additional artworks if necessary.
- Including literary references and quotes is awesome!